Saturday, July 27, 2013

Am I Light Enough: Skin Bleaching

In some countries and cultures "skin bleaching" is the norm. In places like India and Africa people bleach their skin in hopes of appearing lighter than they are naturally. In some cases having lighter skin may signify a higher status or considered to be more attractive.

I have had discussions with people from India and being of African decent I have seen the role skin bleaching takes in some peoples lives. I personally don't see skin bleaching as a good decision. I've seen the transformation of people having rich dark skin attempt a skin bleaching cream and it ends up damaging their skin. The end result doesn't always end in perfectly smooth lighter skin.

I would love to hear about your take on skin bleaching...

xoxo, 

Elizabeth Giwa

No comments:

Post a Comment